Established in 2000, beautyexpo 2019 marks the 19th edition of International Malaysia Beauty Show. It is one of the region’s premier beauty exhibition. Powered by Cosmoprof, organized by Informa Markets, beautyexpo is an annual beauty event that highlights the continued development of the beauty sector in Malaysia. The event will take place at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre from 4 – 7 October 2019.
Beautyexpo is the longest running beauty event in Southeast Asia gathering beauty industry experts and professionals for trade, networking and trend discovery. Beauty professionals and industry leader across regions including Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, China and Singapore connects and strengthen business relationships in the exhibition. Highlighting different areas of beauty industry, beautyexpo 2019 presents 6 dedicated zones for an enhanced visiting experiences: Beauty Salon, Hair Salon, Makeup & Education, Nail Salon, OEM/ODM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) / (Original Design Manufacturer) and Halal Beauty.
6 dedicated exhibit zones:
1. Beauty Salon – Skincare, toiletries accessories and equipment for beauty salon
2. Hair Salon: Professional hair care, hair colour, styling products, accessories, furniture, tools and accessories
3. Makeup & Education: Cosmetics, makeup, education tools and accessories
4. Nail Salon: Nail care, nail colour, tools accessories and equipment
5. OEM/ODM: Health equipment and accessories, supplements, health & wellness products’ tools and oral hygiene
6. Halal beauty: Beauty products by Muslim Community or with Halal certification
Beautyexpo 2019 has over 7,500sqm of business space with endless business opportunities. The event features over 350 exhibiting companies from 25 countries, showcasting latest beauty products and technologies. For example, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Pakistan, Germany, Thailand, Korea, South Africa, Indonesia and etc. The international trade exhibition from 4 – 7 October is open for beauty professionals while 5th – 6th open to public.
The launch of Hair Wave – Greatest Celebration of Hair Culture
The programme of events included spectacular hair shows, artist-led workshops, barber talk show and competitions. Hair Wave will be the greatest celebration to creativity, hair art and barbering.
Halal beauty – The one and only beauty event that comprises dedicated halal beauty zone. The halal cosmetics is one of the sector which is growing rapidly and more exposure is needed.
Main Stage Schedule @ Hall 4
Day 1 – 4/10/2019 Friday
9.00am – 11.45am : Opening Ceremony
12.30pm – 1.15pm : Kaibeauty Eyecon Makeup Fashion Show
1.45pm – 2.30pm : Product Launching by Anmyna
3.00pm – 3.45pm : Hair Show – The Morphology by The Hairgician
4.30pm – 6.00pm : Hair Legacy
Day 2 – 5/10/2019
9am – 6.45pm : Nail Glory Cup (NGC) by Youshine
Day 3 – 6/10/2019
9am – 6pm : Barber Talk : Barbering, What’s Next?
Barberlokal competition: Classic Cut and Modern Cut
Barber Show: RE-INVENT
Day 4 – 7/10/2019
1pm – 6:45pm : International Mastery Hair & Makeup Competition: Student and Professional Category
Activites & Competitions:
- The Barber Talk, 6 October 2019, Title: Barbering, What’s next?
- Speakers: Vinsen, Wafie (moderator), Captainsbarber, Lex Low, Mohd Jaffar
- The Barber Show, 6 October 2019, Title: RE-INVENT
- Presenter: Vinsen, Captainsbarber, Wafie
- Barber of the Year (Competition), 6 October 2019, Classic cut and Modern Cut
- Judges: Aizat Ramlee, Captainsbarber, William Lin, Aman Khal, Lex Low
- Website: https://www.beautyexpo.com.my/Competitions/Barberlokal
- Hair and Makeup Competition
- Student Category (individual participation) and Professional Category (team / individual participation)
- 7 October 2019
- Judges: Stevensunny, Desmond Yoi, Annita Hashim
- Website: https://www.beautyexpo.com.my/Competitions/International-Mastery-Hair-and-Makeup-Competition
- Hair Legacy
- 4 October 2019, 4.30pm – 6pm
- Main Stage @ Hall 4
- Featuring: Francis Siew (Code6), Elvin Soh (E.Vogue), Eddie Tan (X’pect Studio), Shawn Loong (Shawn Cutler), Datin Winnie Loo (A Cut Above)
- APSWC Spa Talk
- 7 October 2019, 10am – 1pm
- Venue: Enrichment Zone 1
- Two Speakers:
- Madam Alexandra Sutopo (President of BSWA – Bali Spa & Wellness Association)
Topic covered: Understanding the Culture and Traditions from which the spa & wellness industry borrows
- Ayu Mudiasih – Director of Membership APSWC
The Details and The professionalism in the Spa Industry that make the different.
- Seminar by SME International Trade Association (SMITA) Malaysia
- 4th October 2019, 2.30 pm – 3.30 pm
- Topic: ‘Effective Export Strategies and pitfalls to avoid’.
- Hair Workshop – Title: Layer and Style – The Japanese Way by Hidero Nakagami
- 5 October 2019, 1pm – 7pm
- Venue: Hospitality Lounge
- Speaker: Hidero Nakagami (A master stylist in cut)
- Joined SHISEIDO Co,.Ltd registered in SHISEIDO Professional Global Marketing Division ZOTOS/JOICO since 2010
- Took charge of education plan and developed products menu.
- Worked with SHISEIDO Salon & Spa in GINZA with celebrity clients
1) Mid layer cut and shape control with texture for perm design.
2) Detailed sectioning, face line matching and layering
3) Form control: texturizing and tapering
- Website: https://www.beautyexpo.com.my/Programs-Activities/Hair-Workshop